Membership Benefits & Services
Joining BPOA is the easiest business decision you'll ever make.
Benefits for Housing Providers include:
- Education. We alert you to the near-constant changes in the laws and regulations that govern Berkeley housing. We share Berkeley-specific property management tips from our members. We host workshops and webinars on a variety of rental housing topics, from our Housing Provider 101 and Owners Forum series to guest presentations from our Associate members. And, of course, you receive our prized monthly newsletter.
- Emergency Help. A quick email or phone call to our office can help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Forms. Don't make the mistake of using mass-market leases or other forms that haven't been adapted to Berkeley's peculiar laws! Our lease package is authored and maintained by a group of lawyers specializing in Berkeley rental housing law.
- Political Advocacy. This is your trade association, and we protect you. Our staff and always vigilant members track local developments. Our activities return far more to your bottom line than the cost of your membership.
We offer four membership categories:
- BPOA (Regular) Members (Housing Providers) Membership is renewed annually, with a base fee of $375, supplemented by an additional $20 for each rental unit per parcel owned/managed, whether owned solely or in partnership. Join!
- BRHC Members (Housing Providers) pay $150 per owned or managed unit to support our political and legal work. BRHC members receive specialized communications to inform them of critical public policy or legal changes. Join!
- Associate Members are professionals interested in Berkeley housing policies and the Berkeley housing market or offering services to rental housing providers who do not own or manage rental units. Associate members pay a flat $399 per year. Join!
- Supporting Members are those who do not own rental housing in Berkeley but want to support our legislative, political, and legal issues—minimum annual dues contribution of $150. Join!