Membership Benefits & Services
Joining BPOA is the easiest business decision you'll ever make.
Benefits for Housing Providers include:
- Education. We alert you to the near-constant changes in the laws and regulations that govern Berkeley housing. We share Berkeley-specific property management tips from our members. We host workshops and webinars on a variety of rental housing topics, from our Landlord 101 and Owners Forum series to guest presentations from our Associate members. And of course, you receive our prized monthly newsletter.
- Emergency Help. A quick email or phone call to our office can help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Forms. Don't make the mistake of using mass-market leases or other forms that haven't been adapted to Berkeley's peculiar laws! Our lease package is authored and maintained by a group of lawyers specializing in Berkeley rental housing law.
- Political Advocacy. This is your trade association, and we protect you. Our staff and always-vigilant members track local developments. Our activities return far more to your bottom line than the cost of your membership.
We offer four membership categories:
- BPOA (Regular) Members (Housing Providers) pay a base fee of $250 plus $15 per number of units owned or managed in Berkeley. Join!
- BRHC Members (Housing Providers) pay $250 per owner or managed unit to support our political and legal work. BRHC members receive specialized communications to inform them of critical public policy or legal changes. Join!
- Associate Members are other lay folk and professionals interested in Berkeley housing policies and the Berkeley housing market but who do not own or manage rental units. Associate members pay a flat $300 per year. Join!
- Supporting Members are those who do not own rental housing in Berkeley but want to support our legislative, political, and legal issues. Minimum annual dues contribution of $150. Join!